If you are a current GAIL user...
If you are a current GAIL user with your own access to the system, you can use GAIL locate the information you’re interested in or request data by submitting an AskIT ticket. Click here to go to the ticket system.
If you, or the person needing the data, is not a GAIL user...
On rare instances, an approved user of GAIL may supply data to an employee, volunteer, or company to use outside of the GAIL system. If this is done, the user must:
- Ensure a non-disclosure form has been signed with that employee, volunteer, or company including their GAIL lookup ID:
- Mutual non-disclosure agreement for companies and organizations [last updated 08/12/2019]
- Mutual non-disclosure agreement for individuals [last updated 08/12/19]
- Ensure all data and communication about the data are sent through SendFiles, UGA’s encrypted messaging service. Sending GAIL data through email is not secure, even to other individuals with university email addresses. (Here are some instructions on how to use SendFiles.)
- SendFiles application supported by EITS
- Ensure the data are discarded once the project is complete or two weeks after receiving the data, whichever is shorter. For vendor’s obtaining data, a full contract must be executed.
When you have signed and completed the appropriate form, scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once approved it will appear on the constituent’s profile under the documents and interactions tab. You can then forward data from GAIL (through SendFiles) to this individual or company, or if you need to request data, you can do so by submitting an AskIT ticket.