Please take a moment to review the fiscal year-end processing deadlines and share with appropriate staff.
Over the holidays, the best way for a donor to be sure their gift is made in 2017 is to make an online gift via debit or credit card by 11:59 PM on December 31, 2017. Direct donors to give.uga.edu/commit. Donors may also make a gift by check if the envelope is postmarked in 2017 and received by our office on or before January 8, 2018.
All donations by check received by School/College business or development offices that are postmarked December 31, 2017, should be delivered with the postmarked envelope to Gift Accounting by noon on January 8, 2018. Before delivery, please complete an online deposit transmittal at dar.uga.edu/deposit. Any 2017 donations received after this date will be credited in 2018.
More details about our year-end gift “credit date” are below; however, the date used for tax purposes is ultimately at the discretion of the donor and his/her financial advisor. The Office of Development will have someone available at Milledge Center to assist with year-end gifts on December 26 through 29, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. They may be reached at (706) 542-8176 or toll free at (888) 268-5442.
If you have any questions about this email, please contact Gift Accounting at email@example.com or (706) 542-4438.
We wish everyone a happy and safe holiday!
Cash/check gifts will be credited in 2017 if:
- by mail, the envelope is postmarked in 2017.
- by hand delivery, a UGA employee receives in 2017 and delivers to Milledge Center by noon on January 8, 2018.
Credit/debit card gifts will be credited in 2017 if:
- the card is successfully charged by midnight on December 31, 2017. Note that staff will be present December 27 through 29 to processes credit cards received via US Mail.
Stock gifts will be credited in 2017 if:
- by electronic transfer, the stock posts to the UGAF account in 2017.
- by stock certificate issued in the name of the UGA Foundation, the certificate is dated 2017.
- by stock certificate in the name of the donor, the irrevocable stock power is signed in 2017.
Personal property gifts will be credited in 2017 if:
- the deed of gift, warranty deed or other legal instrument transferring ownership is recorded in 2017 or delivered to a representative of the University of Georgia in 2017.